Top 10 Ways to Avoid Big Falls in the Value of Sterling
With sterling rising and falling like a yo-yo lately, we have looked into ways to help avoid your ski holiday becoming more expensive next season:
1. Book early in Sterling - you will know where you are regarding deposits and final balance.
Try www.skidiamond.com for a price guarantee before the end of October, or Les Ecureuils offering 15% reduction if booked before the end of August.
2. Use a Travel Money comparison site such as CompareTravelMoney to find the best rates across various sources including Sainsbury's, Tesco and Travelex. Rates updated every few minutes.
3. Order currency in advance via a click/collect service or home delivery
4. Avoid withdrawing from cash points abroad - if you have to, then use an official bank's cash point rather than a cashpoint operated by a private company. Lower charges and better exchange rate!
5. Set-up a pre-pay credit account so you can purchase at the best rates possible at a time of your choosing. Companies such as Revolut and TransferWise offer these services and in some cases you can move money at inter-bank rates.
6. Keep your spare euros from your summer holiday as you probably got a better exchange rate earlier this summer
7. Take advantage of ski hire and lift pass discounts offered by some of our accommodation providers at the time of booking your trip
8. Book your flights as soon as they are released. Generally, flights are cheaper when released rather than closer to the time.
9. Get on top of airport parking and lounges, booking months in advance is often much cheaper - try Holiday Extras
10. If your transfers aren't included, then check out the local suppliers between Geneva and Chatel - transfers information
Are you ready to enquire about a ski holiday? Our on-line enquiry form can be found here: [enquiry form]